From Mangas into Words: Tonari no Kaibutsukun #1
Chapter: 17
I changed this story from Natsume's point of view to Maki's point of view.
Her name is Natsume.
The other was Maki.
I've always noticed this girl from my class. She was beautiful. Her soft brown hair had the right volume of waves, it looked good no matter how she styled it. She had big, bright, innocent eyes framed with thick lush eye lashes. Her cheeks had that extra tint of pink and her skin was soft and white. I envied those natural features. It was something I could never achieve.
Whenever I see her opening her shoe rack, there would always have an envelop in it. A confession from a boy. She'd hurriedly hide it in her bag, run towards the back yard and open the envolop. She would then fold it neatly and kept it back in her bag.
She had thousands of boys that had confessed to her, all the different types of boys you could find in school. However, she would reject each and everyone of them, giving the excuse that she likes this 42-year-old man who was well-build.
Today she came back to class after she was confessed, again. It was Kitano from class 2. The group of girls that had been there started to gossip, saying that she stole him from them, just because one of the girl in the group had liked him since the beginning.
I could tell that she was already used to it, but something in her expression hit me. She felt hurt. "It's not her fault!"
She turned to my direction, clearly shocked and happy at the same time, as little puddle of tears formed in her eyes. Some one had stood up for her.
Time passed, and we grew closer.
It was not long before she had noticed I liked Nishida. However, I didn't know if she was trying to help me or not, but it certainly had not seemed that way in the end.
She'd purposely invite Nishida over when we were together. We'd talk and laugh, just having fun. However, whenever Natsume walked away saying she had something she needed to do, Nishida would always looked at her as she walked away.
I was filled with envy. Why does it always have to be her? Why not me?
Those were the only thoughts that flooded my mind. And maybe it was this envy that blinded me. I didn't know. After all, back then, I was still a kid. I regretted, though, how much I hated her back then.
That day, when I opened the door to the classroom, I saw it. Nishida holding Natsume's wrist. Now it was clear. Nishida had only liked Nastume. He never had the feelings towards me.
Anger overcame me. In that split second, I was no longer her friend, but an enemy.
The crowd started to gather, cheering for Nishida to confess. I could not bother to care anymore. Our levels are way to different. But I could see. She did not want any of this. Her face clearly showed that she was overcome with stress. However, I could not care less. She was no longer my friend. There was no reason why I should help her. She's... an enemy now.
Her name was Natsume,
and mine was Maki.
What happened in the Manga:
Taken from:
Pages: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 24, 25
Manga: Tonari no Kaibutsukun
Website: http://mangareader.net
App: Mangawhat
All Copyrights belong to the respective manga authors and artist. I'm only taking their ideas and forming it into a mini composition. I do not own any of the ideas.
Credits to: Robico (author), Manga Reader, the whole Titania Scans Group, MangaWhat (App)
See the review on this manga: Click Here
From Manga to Words 2
From Manga to Words 3






No comments:
Post a Comment